- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Michelle Goldberg has a very sensible op-ed in the NY Times today about the bullshit civility debate: "As long as our rulers wage war on cosmopolitan culture, they shouldn’t feel entitled to its fruits. If they don’t want to hear from the angry citizens they’re supposed to serve, let them eat at Trump Grill."
- Learn about Tanacon, a Fyre Festival for the YouTube set.
- Why did a Lower East Side apartment complex reject a $54 million offer for air rights?
- Jonathan Franzen is living in California and being very Franzen-y.
- Meanwhile, Lindsay Lohan is living her best life in Greece.
- Aww, the National Enquirer's top editor is complaining about the breakdown of ethics in journalism.
- Vulture has an oral history of SNL’s beloved Black Jeopardy.
- Trump is very mad that Harley-Davidson doesn't want to be his friend any more or something.
- The New Yorker investigates the neuroscience of pain.
- Racist Trump supporters were caught on video verbally harassing Latino landscapers, calling them “rapists and animals.”
- Instagram is estimated to be worth $100 billion, which sounds like a made-up number.
- New York City public housing has become synonymous with dilapidated living conditions, but it wasn’t always like this.
- And finally, we all could use something gentle this morning:
enjoying the morning strokes 😍
📹: sawyerthegoodboy pic.twitter.com/z7NTeIAc43
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) June 26, 2018