- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Trump is now claiming that when he promised Mexico would pay for his wall, he didn't literally mean Mexico would pay for the wall, what are you, crazy?
- In honor of the 20th anniversary of The Sopranos pilot today, the NY Times counts down the 20 best post-Sopranos TV dramas.
- The DHS test of a steel prototype for the border wall, which would be Trump's preference, showed it could be sawed through.
- Is Juul the startup world's greatest long con?
- If you were wondering why everyone in NYC seemed to be throwing out stuff last weekend, it's the Marie Kondo effect.
- Here's a reminder that Iowa Rep. Steve King was the racist representative who really got this whole border wall ball rolling.
- Gamblers made hundreds of thousands of dollars betting that Trump would lie during his primetime address.
- Frank Ocean talked about his skincare regimen and his love for NYC in a new press release/interview: "I enjoy the energy working project to project in New York that I can get from looking out my window or going downstairs: It's the people, their pace, the unsaid energy."
- The latest twist in the El Chapo trial: he was only caught because his IT technician started working for the feds, enabling them to read and track all his text messages with his various mistresses and workers.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez slammed right-wing media sites for publishing a "fake nude photo" of her.
- Lady Gaga has apologized for working with R. Kelly and has decided to remove their 2013 collaborative single “Do What U Want” from iTunes and streaming services
- For most office workers, "working from home" has replaced having a sick day.
- Uh...there is a Schindler's List escape room in Greece.
- And finally, a vicious bear is on the loose:
MY HEART pic.twitter.com/oeidn3DYYV
— Puppies 🐶 (@PopularPups) January 10, 2019