- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Nancy Pelosi said today, "We believe the President of the United States is engaged in a cover-up"—but behind closed doors, she's still trying to argue against impeachment hearings.
- Vanity Fair has a giant feature on Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker, including lots of info on the new and returning characters.
- Can entrepreneurship summer camps for business-oriented teens get kids to love capitalism?
- Thousands of immigrants have been forced into solitary confinement by ICE for being physically disabled or gay.
- Rats aren't just taking over NYC—they're also taking over Philadelphia, Chicago, Los Angeles, and even the NY Times (don't miss out on the rat running across the page of the article).
- Trump’s golf hobby has already cost taxpayers at least $102 million in extra travel and security expenses, and next month will achieve a new milestone: "a seven-figure presidential visit to another country so he can play at his own course."
- Oh nooooo: a healthy Shih Tzu mix named Emma was recently euthanized after her deceased owner "left explicit instructions in her will for the pet to be cremated and buried with her."
- The New Yorker went all-in on early bird specials: "The Underrated Pleasures of Eating Dinner Early."
- Trevor Noah had a frank discussion about his battle with anxiety and depression with Death, Sex & Money guest host Tressie McMillan Cottom.
- Moby wrote about dating Natalie Portman in his new book—but Portman has a very different perspective on it: "I was surprised to hear that he characterized the very short time that I knew him as dating because my recollection is a much older man being creepy with me when I just had graduated high school."
- Have you gotten your Hamptons beach pass yet? Oh my god, that's so embarrassing for you if you haven't, what are you, a millionaire?
- Vulture counts down the 21 greatest prom scenes in film.
- And finally, I AM SIREN:
Siren yeah i can do that (sound) !! 🐶🙄😮
( marleythefloof IG ) pic.twitter.com/iqqkYO4x3O
— Stefano S. Magi (@StefanodocSM) May 22, 2019