- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- "Then you have this din, the mechanical filter of a hundred and fifty gas masks—this high-pitched whirring. It sounded like a hundred and fifty kazoos." A staffer for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi recounts the terrifying and bizarre experience of being in the Capitol during last week's riot.
- Columbia University restored the diploma and gave a cash award to a former grad student who covertly recorded an encounter that led to him being accused of sexual assault.
- The PGA canceled plans to hold its 2022 tour Championship at Donald Trump's golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey.
- New York Rangers defenseman and MAGA faithful Tony DeAngelo rage-quit Twitter to protest (?) Trump getting kicked off the platform.
- Harry and Meghan will attend Queen Elizabeth's birthday parade in June. It'll mark their first public reunion with the royal family since giving up their titles.
- "Sex and the City" is coming back — sans Samantha — with 10 new episodes on HBO Max.
- The Guardian has photos of some of the 400,000 people who've been stuck on cargo ships during the pandemic.
- A polar vortex could be brewin'.
- And finally, someone's having fun somewhere right now.
Early Addition: Wonder What Carrie Bradshaw Is Wondering About In 2021?
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: