- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A new poll from Survey Monkey and AAPI Data found that one in four Asian Americans has experienced a hate incident.
- The WHO now says that a Wuhan fish market likely wasn't the original source of the COVID-19 outbreak, and that livestock farms in southeast Asia could have been where early human cases emerged.
- After rushing to make an ostensibly effective coronavirus vaccine, forgoing $20 billion in revenue to get it out there, and then becoming a punching bag across Europe, some AstraZeneca investors are wondering if this whole thing was worth it.
- Some of you have gotten in the habit of napping in the middle of the day, and office reopenings could come as a rude awakening.
- Nike is suing the small Brooklyn brand that made the "Satan shoes," Lil Nas X's custom pair of Air Max 97s that have a drop of human blood in the air bubble.
- The UCONN women's basketball team beat Baylor in a THRILLER last night, advancing to their 13th straight Final Four.
- Today in Dolly Parton's America: Waxahatchee covered "Light of a Clear Blue Morning." (She also released excellent covers of Bruce Springsteen and Lucinda Williams tracks.)
- And finally, kitty's got grip:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all