- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Nicolas Cage anecdote of the day: "I opened my eyes and there was a naked man wearing my leather jacket eating a Fudgesicle in front of my bed. I know it sounds funny...but it was horrifying.”
- Take a peek into how Will Shortz edits the NY Times crossword puzzle—now we know he's not a big fan of Gilmore Girls.
- A Texas teen lied about having terminal leukemia, and scammed people out of more than $17,000 for her fake charity...which might as well have been named The Human Fund.
- A man who has been missing for more than a month was found dead in a grain silo, and preliminary reports indicate it was a suicide.
- Nick "Broadway Bound" Jonas might rent at 15 CPW.
- The powers that be are getting closer to building a large condominium and townhouse project on the St. Vincent's site.
- A crooked cabbie has been charged with stealing a laptop from a passenger.
- Did Jay-Z not put a ring on it? His video vixen baby mama rumors are heating up.
- A Harlem sex assault suspect escaped from a Manhattan courthouse.
- And finally, is this the greatest local taxidermist TV ad of all time? Yes.
Early Addition: Will Shortz Doesn't Think People Know Lorelei Gilmore
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: