- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A Michigan woman is facing life in prison for murder because a parrot snitched on her.
- The mayor is vaguely in favor of charging tourists to ride the Staten Island ferry. Nothing for you to worry about though, you're not a tourist.
- A judge has ruled that members of the Correction Officers' Benevolent Association have to pay disgraced former union head Norman Seabrook's legal costs.
- Chris Christie responded with his trademark calm and maturity to testimony from a fired NJTransit executive who said the transit agency suffered from alarmingly poor management.
- Is the previously anonymous and unconsidered Tuesday in fact the worst day of the week? Maybe!
- Get acquainted with The Day After, the 1983 TV movie that brought nuclear apocalypse directly into Americans' living rooms.
- And don't worry, there's nothing in the news recently that could cause you to get a lot of anxiety from reading about it.
- Someone built an AI to write more Game of Thrones, because George R.R. Martin isn't moving fast enough for all you fans of medieval incest.
- Let's all get sad and ponder our mortality, because David Wright has shut down yet another injury rehab attempt.
- And finally...YATTA:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today