- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Cat sanctuaries on Roosevelt Island are facing an uncertain future after the Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation decided to start charging them rent for the space they've been using for free for years.
- GQ's Julia Ioffe writes about her long ordeal with COVID-19, which doctors say she has despite testing saying she doesn't.
- As coronavirus cases continue to rise in parts of Europe, so have protests calling the pandemic a government hoax.
- The Sanitation Department says they've been picking up more trash in some residential neighborhoods during the pandemic, but complaints about missed pickups and garbage piling up have skyrocketed.
- The San Fransisco Bay area was once again choked by smoke from new wildfires on Monday.
- As catastrophic as 2020 has been so far, the worsening climate crisis may make it, in hindsight, one of the better years of the century.
- Homicides and assaults surged in 27 U.S. cities this summer during the pandemic.
- Rooney Mara and Joaquin Phoenix reportedly have a new baby boy and have named him after Phoenix's late brother River, who died at the age of 23 in 1993.
- Former Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale was hospitalized following a suicide attempt in his Florida home.
- Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana and his wife stopped a woman who snuck into their home and tried to kidnap their nine month old granddaughter.
- And finally, octopuses are such amazing sea creatures that not even the sea can contain them:
Early Addition: Why Some People With Coronavirus Keep Testing Negative
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: