- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- While pouring sweat, acting Attorney General and former hot tub salesman Matt Whitaker said "he thinks" Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Trump, Russia, and the 2016 election is "close to being completed."
- The Senate Judiciary Committee has postponed attorney general nominee William Barr's confirmation vote amid Democrats' concerns.
- Former Sen. Jeff Flake has joined CBS News as a contributor.
- Here's how Trump's tariffs could affect the price of beer in Brooklyn.
- Jordan Peele talks in-depth about his upcoming new film Us with Rolling Stone.
- Of course Trump couldn't help himself and tweeted about former staffer Cliff Sims, while he was being interviewed on TV about his new White House tell-all. Sims responded, "Nice. There it is."
- The Trump campaign says it is preparing to file suit against Sims "for violating our NDA."
- Why are "alternative milks" so popular nowadays?
- A three-year-old who was missing for days says a bear watched over him in the North Carolina woods.
- The Times writes that Senator Kamala Harris is hoping to run a campaign that repeats Obama's success with black voters, but she faces challenges.
- These tube socks were inspired by iconic MTA subway tiles.
- In honor of Stephen Malkmus' groovy upcoming new album, Vulture has a breakdown of rock musicians who have gone electronic.
- And finally, it is VERY hard being the dog:
When you’re too lazy pic.twitter.com/HFYMf8gTpa
— 🐶Standardpups™ (@Standardpups) January 29, 2019