- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Burt Shavtiz, the founder of cosmetics company Burt's Bees, passed away at 80.
- Your friendly reminder that Donald Trump runs a golf course on city land in the Bronx.
- Governor Cuomo celebrated girlfriend Sandra Lee's birthday at Richard Gere's inn.
- Video: Here's what Saturday's fireworks show looked like from the air.
- What does your subway line say about you, Clickhole wonders?
- Blur frontman Damon Albarn refused to leave the stage after a five-hour set.
- A city plan to move Gowanus Canal sewage tanks beneath the neighborhood's Double-D pool could close the facility for nine years.
- The owner of LES bar Happy Ending has been barred from his own establishment for assaulting his girlfriend in the kitchen.
- State Senator Marty Golden is in some hot water for a tone deaf marriage equality "joke" he posted to Facebook.
- New York City is urging Google to make "avoiding left turns" an option for its driving directions.
- And finally, Maru makes it clear there's only room for one kitty on this hammock:
Early Addition: What Your Subway Train Says About You
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: