- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Justice Amy Coney Barrett was confirmed and sworn in to the Supreme Court last night, and the Times already has analysis of what could happen if Roe v. Wade is overturned.
- The Supreme Court also rejected a pandemic-related request from Democrats and civil rights groups to extend the deadline for counting mail-in ballots received after Election Day in Wisconsin. Justice Brett Kavanaugh made a particularly dubious argument rejecting ballots that arrive late by no fault of the voters.
- Trump has been hoping that he could pull in more suburban women voters this time—but Vox reports that probably isn't going to work out for him.
- A week before Election Day, 64 million Americans have already voted—with half of them coming in battleground states.
- There are still some weirdos out there who refuse to vote.
- Trump has weighed in on that NYPD officer who was suspended for blaring “Trump 2020” from his patrol car loudspeaker.
- Here's a nice photo portrait of a bustling weekend at Prospect Park.
- The Lincoln Project, a vocal group of anti-Trump Republicans, is looking to become a media business after the election.
- George Clooney plays an Arctic scientist in a post-apocalyptic world in the trailer for The Midnight Sky, coming to Netflix in December.
- Listen to "Searching Spirit," the buoyant first single from Dirty Projectors' final EP of the year, Ring Road.
- And finally, don't you hate it when you dip your ear in the water?
Early Addition: Brett Kavanaugh Says Votes Should Not Be Counted After Election Day
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: