- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The creator of WallStreetBets, the subreddit behind the GameStop bonanza, was booted from the forum last April after trying to crack down on white supremacists within the group.
- The Times pulled out all the tricks for this interactive story about how Brooklyn ended up with addresses like 186 1/2 Bergen St.
- A cartoon version of Game of Thrones is coming to HBO Max ... at some point.
- Speaking of cartoons, here's an oral history of how Disney's irreverent masterpiece, The Emperor's New Groove, got made in the first place.
- On this day in history, the Challenger space shuttle exploded, but a soccer ball on-board survived.
- Rosario Dawson has sold her L.A. home after moving in with Cory Booker in New Jersey.
- Werner Herzog loves skateboarding and thinks David Blaine "shouldn't be trusted."
- It's cold out there:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today