Good Monday morning in New York City, where we probably shouldn't have relied on Starbucks to provide public bathrooms in the first place. Here's what's happening:
- Mayor Eric Adams is five months into the job and already hitting Beverly Hills, Chicago and the Hamptons to raise money for his reelection bid.
- About 100 people stood outside Chelsea Piers yesterday chanting "shame!" because Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis was inside giving a speech at the Jewish Leadership Conference.
- Thank God these people who subway-surfed on a J train crossing the Williamsburg Bridge didn't die.
- Also thank God the horses who fell out of a moving trailer on the Staten Island Expressway yesterday are okay.
- The pollen is way worse this year thanks to a variety of factors, but mostly it's climate change **
- Well, it was a good run for the New York Rangers' in-house organist.
- Saudi Arabia is banning Pixar's Lightyear from theaters because two female characters kiss.
- The Italian producers behind HBO's My Brilliant Friend are adapting the Tony Award-winning play The Lehman Trilogy for a prestige TV series.
- Caviar bumps < Hot Cheeto bumps.
- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you —sign up here.
** A previous version of this post cited reporting by The Guardian that suggested planting too many male trees is leading to an excess of pollen, but upon further inquiry we found that theory has been debunked.
- And finally, get this cat a ginger ale: