- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Oxford scientists are claiming that the COVID-19 vaccine they developed with AstraZeneca curbs virus transmission after just one dose.
- A ban on most foreign travel into Thailand has devastated the country's sex workers.
- The Icelandic government is mad at Disney for not having enough content on Disney+ that's dubbed in Icelandic.
- About 250,000 people have signed up to be guinea pigs on Royal Caribbean's return to cruisin'.
- In other cruise news, the Miami Herald reports that "a single cruise ship docked at PortMiami — the busiest cruise port in the world — spews about 48 metric tons of greenhouse gases into the air during a 10-hour visit — equal to the emissions of about five houses in an entire year."
- The city of Washington, D.C. will pay $13 million to demolish "Dave Thomas Circle," a notorious traffic triangle with a Wendy's in the middle, to put in safer roads, bike lanes, and parks.
- Here are your 2021 Golden Globe nominees.
- Sweden loves Wednesday, a.k.a. Little Saturday.
- Hi, hi, good morning:
Early Addition: Wednesdays Are For Chumps. Today Is Little Saturday
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: