- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- There's a very good reason why you should never eat anything off of the floor, as this Connecticut weatherman learns.
- Fear no viruses: Jews can touch mezuzahs as much as they want.
- Here is the cutest, saddest photo showing how the government shutdown is affecting people.
- A panhandler reportedly hit a straphanger with a broom and dustpan on the C train.
- A Queens church wants a strip club billboard removed from its roof.
- A Hoboken mayoral candidate wrote an open letter about Eli Manning: "We know his recent questionable judgment on the field and in Hoboken politics can be corrected."
- The Journal reports that Chinese couples love to dress the same.
- This two-year-old's birthday video gift for her mom is maybe the most adorable thing ever.
- McDonalds will briefly put children's books into Happy Meals instead of toys.
- The "Danger Zone" music video from Top Gun has finally received the Archer treatment.
- And finally, this dog will teach you how to play guitar:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today