- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- No, this terrifying map isn't about the spread of diseases: it just shows the insane expansion of Walmart since 1962.
- NY Magazine writer Frank Rich did an AMA on Reddit today that didn't crash the servers.
- Who knew that whale vomit was worth so much?
- Hit-and-Tebowing: a teen claims he was pushed off his lawnmower by a man who then Tebowed and ran away.
- This Carlton Draught beer commercial is the talk of the internet today.
- A stolen ATV was found by police...on Redneck Avenue.
- Aww: check out pictures of the Dumas couple and their beloved 18-month-old grizzly bear Billy.
- A South Texas mayor is dead after being attacked by a 500-pound donkey.
- NASA's Kepler space telescope has discovered a real life Tatooine.
- The Upper West Side is getting sprayed for West Nile tomorrow.
- Two women, a 76-year-old and her 38-year-old daughter, were found stabbed to death beneath the message "Free Pussy Riot" scrawled in what appeared to be blood.
- And finally, this dog likes to be cleaned via vacuum:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today