- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Upstate NY politicians are upset that The Simpsons cracked wise about upstate NY: "We’re headed to the one place that can never decline because it was never that great: upstate New York."
- Hadestown, Hadestown and even Hadestown were all nominated for Tony awards.
- Trump’s 2020 campaign manager, Brad Parscale, gave a paid speech in Romania last month: "The appearances are terrible," said Richard Painter, a chief ethics lawyer to President George W. Bush. "You would certainly think that a campaign manager would not take money from foreign nationals in this political environment."
- Chase should probably not try to be too cutesy with their tweets.
- A man lost an arm and two legs after being struck by a train in Queens.
- A pair of right-wing provocateurs (including the odious Jacob Wohl) are being accused of attempting to recruit young Republican men to level false allegations of sexual assault against Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg.
- Big Thief have a fantastic new album out this week, and you should check out this Ringer profile of the band.
- Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who appointed special counsel Robert Mueller to investigate Russia's sabotage of the 2016 presidential election, has submitted his resignation letter to the White House.
- Watch the trailer for Sonic The Hedgehog, which is hilariously terrible.
- Uber and Lyft have stopped accepting new drivers in NYC.
- A teenage boy was fatally stabbed in broad daylight in Midwood on Monday.
- And finally, I am comfortable with this level of clinginess:
me : i'm not clingy
also me :
(hugoandursula IG) pic.twitter.com/34PauFcgip
— Humor And Animals (@humorandanimals) April 30, 2019