- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- This NY Times op-ed piece about Twitter enemies Bari Weiss and Eve Peyser is your hate read of the day. As Wesley Morris put it, "two people whose profession requires charm and the ability to manipulate meet up, discuss nothing controversial and walk away having been charmed by each other."
- Bernie Sanders is reportedly thinking about running for president again in 2020.
- Shockingly, it turns out Trump probably doesn't care very much about getting that criminal justice reform bill passed.
- Bruce Springsteen said he is finally releasing his long-gestating new solo album next year (and the E-Street Band might go on tour too).
- For decades, opposition to drilling has left the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge off limits. Now the Trump administration is hurriedly clearing the way for oil exploration.
- Do you like the smell of men's body wash/deodorant? Read this to find out why they all kinda smell the same.
- David Byrne made an "Eclectic for the Holidays" mix which you can listen to now.
- Cops are looking for a suspect who sucker punched a Hasidic man in Brooklyn over the weekend.
- A financially struggling bus company was kicked out of the Port Authority Bus Terminal for not paying its fees—and it has now found a better, cheaper home on the curb outside.
- A divorce lawyer has some tips on how to stay together.
- And here are some tips on how to handle feeling left out at work.
- And finally, the family that sniffs together stays together:
Proud pawrents meeting the newborn ❤️❤️🐕 pic.twitter.com/6ELwvHuHOW
— Puppies 🐶 (@PopularPups) December 3, 2018