- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The Guardian claims that US consumers would run out of avocados in three weeks if Trump makes good on his threat to close down the US-Mexico border.
- Vox explains America's new recycling crisis.
- Trump has punted on health care, saying Republicans would not present a health care overhaul proposal until after the 2020 election, which is confusing because he just announced last week that Republicans are the party of health care.
- Tucker Carlson had a conniption over Chris Hayes, who he said was "what every man would be if feminists ever achieved absolute power in this country: apologetic, bespectacled, and deeply, deeply concerned about global warming and the patriarchal systems that cause it." Is that supposed to be...bad?
- Do Millennials hate drinking booze, or are they just looking for more moderation with alcohol?
- Made In America, the Jay-Z-curated two-day festival in Philly that's happening over Labor Day Weekend, released their lineup, including Travis Scott, Cardi B, Juice WRLD, James Blake, Kaskade, Anderson .Paak, Tierra Whack and more.
- Alyssa Milano defended Joe Biden for some reason.
- Yankees prospect Tyler Wade got called up by the team yesterday, and had to take an Uber from Pennsylvania to Yankee Stadium to get there on time.
- If scientists are able to come up with a drug that turbocharges the brain in the future, who should get access to it?
- Phoebe Bridgers & Conor Oberst performed "Shallow" at Brooklyn Steel last night.
- Millions of Americans have taken antidepressants for many years. What happens when it's time to stop?
- Hundreds of thousands of characters have died over the course of Game Of Thrones, but actor Rob Ostlere reflects on being the very first.
- Elvis Costello and Blondie are going on tour this summer, including a date at Forest Hills Stadium.
- And finally, find yourself a duet partner this good:
this the most precious thing i’ve ever mutha fuckin SEEN pic.twitter.com/UXKv0kqI0V
— t~pain (@realcumbaby) March 30, 2019