- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Florida Democrats picked Andrew Gillum, a liberal activist and mayor of Tallahassee, as the party's nominee for governor.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo has ordered the New York Attorney General’s Office to suspend its investigation into whether Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance Jr. mishandled 2015 allegations of sexual misconduct against movie mogul Harvey Weinstein.
- Goats like it when you smile at them :) \
- White House lawyer Donald McGhan, who has spent days answering questions from Special Counsel Robert Mueller, will be leaving the White House.
- The Verge has a report from the last Blockbuster Video in America.
- Stephen Colbert is as thoughtful as ever in this Rolling Stone interview.
- Is the porn industry about to have its own #MeToo moment?
- Politico did NOT care for the Chapo Trap House bros' new book.
- Neil Young and Darryl Hannah reportedly got married last weekend.
- Is this the ultimate Vox take: explaining how the new Animal Crackers box art is problematic because "it doesn't dismantle capitalism."
- Donald Trump, a person who relishes being and using anonymous sources when it suits him, complained today about not trusting anonymous sources.
- Every Animal Collective and Animal Collective-related project, ranked.
- And finally, he was so close...
He almost had it! 😂🐶
📹: kyler_sandiego pic.twitter.com/ofidSXUagq
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) August 28, 2018