- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Brett Kavanaugh admitted in a face-saving op-ed that he “might have been too emotional” during his confirmation hearings last week.
- The Senate narrowly voted 51-49 to push Kavanaugh through to a final vote in the coming days.
- Every once in a while, in the depths of his mania and paranoia, Donald Trump pulls out a truly unbelievable tweet from the miasma of his broken mind: "The very rude elevator screamers are paid professionals only looking to make Senators look bad. Don’t fall for it! Also, look at all of the professionally made identical signs. Paid for by Soros and others. These are not signs made in the basement from love! #Troublemakers."
- Chuck Grassley is all-in on that blatantly untrue conspiracy theory.
- Big Boy Trump had himself a toilet paper snafu.
- A Rhode Island gubernatorial candidate was arrested with what police said was 48 pounds of illegal pot.
- Donald Trump Jr. isn't ruling out running for president one day.
- BuzzFeed is opening a "quirky toy store" in Manhattan later this fall.
- Vanity Fair tracked the unbelievable 30 year run of a fake Saudi prince.
- An eight-year-old girl pulled an ancient Viking sword out of a lake in Sweden, just like the prophecy foretold.
- The NY Times has a photo essay on 40 years of hip-hop in the city.
- And finally, this dog demonstrates the traditional dance to celebrate the end of the work week:
THIS IS MY HAPPY FRIDAY DANCE! 😂
📹: labradoggerz pic.twitter.com/jSxoxRx3mj
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) October 5, 2018