- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Donald Trump incoherently ranted on Twitter this morning about how Google was suppressing conservative voices, I think. It was hard to follow.
- Bob Costas and NBC are reportedly breaking up.
- In case you missed it, BuzzFeed has a devastating story about nuns beating, torturing, and even killing kids at St. Joseph’s Catholic Orphanage.
- RIP Martin the police cat.
- Ethan Hawke is very serious about Ethan Hawke in this NY Times profile.
- Big old oil tanks on the Williamsburg waterfront will be turned into performances spaces for Bushwick Inlet Park.
- Stormy Daniels told Vogue that she and her lawyer, Michael Avenatti, have been threatened and hounded by pro-Trumpers: "We’ve been in a couple car chases. We’ve had people put notes under the door, which means they know what hotel I’m in, which means we’ve had to change hotels in the middle of the night."
- Police in Texas are searching for a woman with some kind of hand restraint dangling from her wrist who rang a random person's doorbell in the middle of the night.
- Pete Davidson talks to Variety about finding his voice on SNL, proposing to Ariana Grande, and Big Dick Energy: "I’m just really, really happy, and if that means I have big-dick energy, then sick...My favorite thing was my mom was like, 'Peter, they’re saying you had a big penis just like your father.' What the f—!"
- The Affair actress Maura Tierney was struck by a driver while she was bicycling.
- The leisurely, multi-hour commuter bus connecting Staten Island and midtown Manhattan underscores the inefficient and outdated bus network that crisscrosses NYC.
- A brand new Carnival cruise ship struck a dock in the Hudson River.
- Vanity Fair reports on how one 28-year-old feminist bluffed her way into running a copy department at Rolling Stone and changed rock journalism forever.
- And finally, this is truly the best way to wake up:
the best way to wake me up pic.twitter.com/cuZIZgrt2R
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) August 27, 2018