- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Jerry Seinfeld, Zabar's, Barney Greengrass, and motion sickness star in the Jonah Hill-directed music video for Vampire Weekend's new song "Sunflower."
- The Giants traded star Odell Beckham Jr. to the Cleveland Browns out of the blue for nothing, go NY sports!
- In more unearthed audio, Tucker Carlson "jokes" about having sex with a teenage beauty pageant contestant, and also makes a series of sexist, misogynist and cruel remarks about the woman.
- Playwright David Mamet came to the defense of his friends Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy over their college admissions cheating scandal: "The unqualified may be accepted for many reasons, among them, as Legacies, and on account of large donations made by their parents. I do not see the difference between getting a kid into school by bribing the Building Committee, and by bribing someone else. But, apparently, the second is against the Law. So be it."
- Vulture has launched an investigation into why there are so many movies about horny dancers going insane and killing each other.
- New York’s Archive of Contemporary Music houses over 3 million recordings, but its future in a city of sky-high rent is in jeopardy.
- For people who identify as large, plus-size or fat, dining out can be a social and physical minefield—which is why there's a new crowdsourced mobile app that's "like Yelp for plus-size people."
- Trump used his Executive Time this morning to complain about photoshops of Melania, which only makes the Fake Melania conspiracy theory seem more credible.
- Are social media pile-ons ever worth it?
- Hugh Jackman will return to Broadway in 2020 in a new production of The Music Man.
- Gov. Gavin Newsom is suspending the death penalty in California, calling it discriminatory and immoral and granting reprieves to the 737 condemned inmates on the nation’s largest Death Row.
- Police recovered human remains inside a Queens yard that are believed to be related to a 40-year-old case.
- And finally, it seems like it would be nice to have a squishy face:
Awww he is loving that so much😘 pic.twitter.com/vhbJSGsdxT
— 🐶Standardpups™ (@Standardpups) March 13, 2019