- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- An off-duty NYPD officer accidentally shot a person at a gun range.
- Hooray, Pokemon Go is over.
- Hooray, sexism is also over (according to men).
- Every day, we inch closer and closer to a world in which having sex with robots is totally normal.
- If you didn't get a chance to go away this summer, experts predict you can get cheap airfare out of NYC this fall.
- De Blasio promises that the city is planning to build new parks.
- Liam Gallagher gave his first interview in three years, and revealed his latest hobby: "Climb the odd tree too. Climbed one the other day. I was running on the Heath and I thought, ‘That looks like a nice tree, I’m going to climb that f*cking tree.’ Climbed it and sat there with my hood up for about 10 minutes."
- The first rule of the Goldendoodle Instagram clique is no shorthaired motherfuckers.
- Dave Chappelle will perform a run of shows at Gramercy Theatre next week (tickets are on sale tomorrow).
- Ultra-Orthodox Hasidic rabbis are trying to ban women from attending college to prevent them from acquiring “dangerous” secular knowledge.
- Vox is your number one resource for labored explainers on 20 year old memes.
- And finally, Shoebills are definitely the silliest giant birds:
Early Addition: There's No More Sexism, Majority Of Men Decide
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: