- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Abstract painter Helen Frankenthaler is dead at 83.
- Aww-bama: Here's video of a baby sticking fingers in President Obama's mouth.
- We did it, America: Doughnut Bacon Maple Beer!
- A cardiac surgeon and an organ transplant expert flying to harvest a donor heart died en route in a helicopter crash.
- After playing darts with a stranger in a California bar, an off-duty cop allegedly declared, "I’m a cop, I can do whatever I want" and shot him dead.
- Public Advocate Bill de Blasio has updated his worst landlords list for 2011.
- Hugh Jackman: closet Giants fan.
- If you were worried The Dutch wasn't getting hyped enough, former NY Times dining critic Sam Sifton says these are the ten best restaurants of the year—and guess which one is #1?
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today