- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Trump has decided to soberly ignore yesterday's NY Times op-ed and move on to policy issues—LOL just kidding, Trump is losing his mind over it.
- Multiple Trump officials have come forward to deny they are the authors of the op-ed... but isn't that just what the anonymous op-ed writer would say?!
- Margaret Sullivan points out that while the op-ed was newsworthy, it was also fraught with legal and ethical issues.
- Learn about the man who has been taking care of drivers’ alternate-side parking needs on Cheever Place, a block-long street in Cobble Hill, for the last 22 years.
- The Trump administration has announced a new rule that gives them the ability to hold migrant kids indefinitely, upending a 20-year ban on indefinite detention.
- An avalanche of shocking sexual-abuse allegations have led to the demise of thoroughly mediocre indie band The Orwells.
- Leaked documents reveal that Brett Kavanaugh challenged the accuracy of deeming the Supreme Court’s landmark Roe v. Wade abortion rights decision to be "settled law of the land."
- The city plans to spend $374 million to expand a green space near Hudson Yards by three blocks which, at more than $124 million per acre, would make the extension the costliest park project in local history.
- The Atlantic has a thoughtful personal essay on the epidemic of gun violence in America.
- The New Jersey couple accused of pocketing cash meant for a homeless veteran has been ordered to testify about what happened to the money.
- Do you want to hear the worst cover of "When Doves Cry" of all time?
- And finally, have yourself a delicious treat today:
Eating watermelon 🍉
📹: mayapolarbear pic.twitter.com/sFSaENXtMB
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) September 6, 2018