- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The WSJ profiled the quality-assurance specialists who test NYC's toilet paper.
- Headline of the day: "So the President F*cking Hates My Girlfriend."
- Greenland is melting and becoming sandy.
- Watch the first trailer for Rian Johnson's star-studded next film, Knives Out.
- Columbia Island and neighboring Pea Island, both less than an hour north of Manhattan, are for sale for $13 million.
- The FDA’s compliance and enforcement actions have plummeted since President Donald Trump took office, Science Mag reports.
- Employees at a New Jersey food stand found a bag of bones hanging on the door to the shop — and officials believe the remains could be from a human.
- Trump likes to claim that he's never touched alcohol—but these bartenders and models say otherwise.
- Go ahead and enjoy these Unwanted Ivanka memes.
- The NY Times debates cold brew vs iced coffee in this amusing piece.
- Watch some newly-unearthed color video of the Velvet Underground performing at an anti-Vietnam war protest in Dallas in 1969.
- Digg profiles the most sincere man on the Internet.
- NEVER DO THIS.
- And finally, this face is just ridiculous:
when you overheard the humans calling you a good boy
(winston_moose IG) pic.twitter.com/x8jDhhgLg4
— Humor And Animals (@humorandanimals) July 1, 2019