- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The NY Times explores why Michael Cohen is confessing to everything unlike so many adversarial Trump cronies: "He has told friends that he is mystified that he is taking the fall for actions he carried out on behalf of Mr. Trump, who remains unscathed. Still, he is resigned to accepting responsibility."
- John D. Dingell, who represented Michigan in congress for over 59 years, says we should abolish the Senate and publicly fund elections.
- Nick Fury falls in love with a kitty in the new Captain Marvel trailer.
- Read this "only in New York" thread to discover a very unlikely origin story.
- Wired brings you the unbelievable tale of "a fake hitman, a kill list, a darknet vigilante... and a murder."
- A woman was stabbed in a Park Slope subway station this morning.
- GQ has a huge feature on Anthony Bourdain as told by the people who knew him best.
- People are very angry at Slate because of an article mildly rebuking the Internet for finding a photo of George H.W. Bush's service dog sweet.
- Topic has a story about everything you've always wanted to know about Phish fandom (but were too afraid to ask).
- The New Yorker wrote about that fantastic new Earl Sweatshirt album.
- Atlas Obscura has a feature on 52 of the "world’s most out-there myths about food."
- And finally, as is established here in the EA/XX world, nothing is better than interspecies love:
This is absolutely beautiful pic.twitter.com/ZFUywLKxIv
— Puppies 🐶 (@PopularPups) December 4, 2018