- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Video: Here's a look at how dishes get cleaned inside a dish washer.
- Brazilian sex workers are boning up on English in advance of the World Cup.
- An Upper East Side woman paid the burial costs of a homeless man she'd spoken with daily for 11 years.
- Brace yourself, Brooklyn: the Baldwins may move to the borough if they keep procreating.
- Looks like hedgehogs are the hot new pet.
- This is what happens when a train hits a truck full of watermelons.
- Lupita Nyong’o and Game of Thrones actress Gwendoline Christie are both confirmed for Star Wars: Episode VII.
- That terrible, awful, gross thing that happened on an episode of television last night could happen in real life.
- And finally, just a big 'ole fluffy dog chillin' with a tiny tortoise:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today