- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The Washington Post examines Trump's last "five days of fury": "He’s just a bull carrying his own china shop with him whenever he travels the world," presidential historian Douglas Brinkley said.
- FiveThirtyEight says that yes, it was a blue wave.
- Oh Hello's Gil and George give Awkwafina a tour of their NYC in this Cadillac ad.
- Fox News condescended to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez after she criticized the Amazon deal. (But she got the last laugh.)
- Can genetically engineered pigs solve the problem of donor-organ shortages?
- Read an oral history of the 1990's HBO series Taxicab Confessions.
- It's apparently a good day for fans of oral histories, because here's a bonus one: The Ringer recounts Nirvana's historic Unplugged performance.
- Learn the origin story of the world's most beloved/insane mascot, Gritty.
- UK police have arrested the alleged shoplifter who looks like Ross from Friends.
- Unsurprisingly, nobody misses Megyn Kelly.
- Because gentrification has pushed prostitution indoors in NYC, landlords now play an important role in the sex trade.
- Migos dabbed to Whitney Houston and sang along to Neil Diamond on Carpool Karaoke.
- The NJ Supreme Court ruled that 20,667 breathalyzer tests administered over an 8-year period were inadmissible, throwing into question the future of drunken-driving convictions in 5 counties.
- And finally, I is another. If the brass wakes the trumpet, it’s not its fault. That’s obvious to me: I witness the unfolding of my own thought: I watch it, I hear it: I make a stroke with the bow: the symphony begins in the depths, or springs with a bound onto the stage:
what a cutie!
📹: ellathegoldengirl pic.twitter.com/YHXvOAM31D
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) November 14, 2018