- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Tom Cruise got off relatively cheap in his divorce from Katie Holmes—altogether, he'll pay $4.8 million in child support.
- The Village Voice, or what's left of it anyway, is leaving Cooper Square.
- More than 4,300 current and former NYPD sergeants are getting Christmas in August, after they reached a settlement for $20 million in unpaid overtime.
- This insane apartment across from the American Museum of Natural History is for sale—just check out the living room.
- The Onion does it again.
- Turn your boring old bike helmet into an awesome R2-D2 helmet!
- Current and former hotel staff workers reveal horrible truths about their job in this compelling Reddit thread.
- Learn all about the new hookup culture—and how women are the ones harnessing and enjoying it.
- Parks worker digs through trash and finds lady's wedding ring.
- The fireworks have run out between John Mayer and Katy Perry.
- And finally, relive the moment when kitty met squirrel:
Early Addition: The Incredible Manhattan Living Room Of Your Dreams
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: