- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A woman was attacked by a rabid fox in New Jersey.
- The NY Times takes an in-depth look at the federal investigations into the sexual assault of inmates at the Manhattan Detention Center.
- Here's an eye-popping report on "Six Hours Of Chaos" inside India's overrun courtrooms.
- 'Dog the Bounty Hunter' has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the Chris Christie administration.
- Here, enjoy a roundup of "the best pizza" in NYC for every budget.
- The New Yorker's Larissa MacFarquhar has a powerful story that asks "when should a child be taken from his parents?"
- Check out the Perseid Meteor Shower in the skies over Turkey.
- A federal lawsuit alleges that President Trump collaborated with Fox News's false reporting on murdered Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich.
- Shell swapping is a beautiful thing:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today