- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Finally, here's a real politician who wants to make a real difference in the world.
- Related: the Washington House of Representatives voted 89 to 7 this weekend in favor of observing daylight saving time year-round. The scourge of the antiquated DST system is finally crumbling.
- Trump spent the rest of his Executive Time this morning passionately defending himself after everyone made fun of him for the fairly innocuous gaffe of calling Tim Cook "Tim Apple." Here's his incredible excuse: "At a recent round table meeting of business executives, & long after formally introducing Tim Cook of Apple, I quickly referred to Tim + Apple as Tim/Apple as an easy way to save time & words. The Fake News was disparagingly all over this, & it became yet another bad Trump story!"
- Media Matters unearthed gross audio of Tucker Carlson making numerous misogynistic and perverted comments defending statutory rape and using sexist terms. Carlson defended himself by saying the comments were "naughty."
- Here is a totally normal excerpt from the latest Politico piece about de Blasio's 2020 presidential ambitions: "The idea of a de Blasio candidacy is 'f---ing insane,' said one former aide, laughing out loud. Another self-described friend of the mayor called the idea 'idiotic.'"
- The New Yorker has a big profile of Bill Hader on the cusp of Barry season two.
- Wow, Mad Max: Fury Road without CGI is still straight up incredible.
- A woman is recovering after being attacked by a jaguar while trying to take a selfie attempt at an Arizona zoo.
- Houseplants may not significantly remove pollutants from the home, but they're still really nice to have around!
- Women generally do ask for more money at work...they just don't get it.
- Check out the first trailer for Olivia Wilde’s directorial debut Booksmart, which has been getting rave reviews.
- And finally, getting tuckered out with dad:
Snuggles With Dad pic.twitter.com/WPeWQu9NrR
— Puppies 🐶 (@PopularPups) March 11, 2019