- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Based on a NY Times analysis of social media, Democrats have more engagement online heading into the midterms (but conservative politicians are not being silenced by Facebook).
- Are Democrats America's centrist party?
- The NY Times election needle, which should be illegal, is coming back for the midterms.
- Comedian George Lopez apparently got into a fight with an obnoxious Trump supporter inside a New Mexico Hooters.
- The Washington Post reports that the White House and the Saudi royal family are working together to cover up crown prince Mohammed bin Salman's role in Jamal Khashoggi's alleged murder.
- Slate picked out 30 hits from the last 25 years that they think "we’ll be listening to for the next 100," and let's just say I disagree strongly with a few of their selections.
- Apparently there may be some (therapeutic) benefit to sleeping with your ex.
- Hear a previously unreleased acoustic take of The Beatles' classic "While My Guitar Gently Weeps."
- The white woman who was captured on camera refusing to let her black neighbor into their building defended herself: "When I noticed an individual that I did not know here, my only thought was to follow directions I had been given by condo association board members repeatedly; and that’s to never allow access to anyone that you don’t know."
- Two guys from Brooklyn went to war in Syria to fight ISIS, and now they are a Vice video.
- The Ringer picked out the 30 best "truly" independent movies of the 21st century.
- And finally, I got a case of da rubs:
Belly rubs are the best 🐶😍
📹: itskonabear pic.twitter.com/lMKwI9g0ji
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) October 18, 2018