- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Ha$htag Vanlife: An Australian man quit his job and now documents his off-grid life with his black cat.
- Tasting an insanely overpriced $914 cup of coffee to see if it's worth it.
- De Blasio promises to crack down on homeless people sleeping underneath subway seats after the Post published a photo of the sad phenomenon.
- The Mark Twain prize ceremony for David Letterman sounds like it was a real hoot, with Amy Schumer hosting and appearances by Martin Short, Bill Murray, Steve Martin, and more.
- Here's the first trailer for the new Paul Thomas Anderson film, The Phantom Thread.
- John Jay College students did a training dig for body parts at a mock crime scene in Central Park.
- The great Martin Amis spent time at a Trump rally in the rust belt for Esquire.
- Speaking of Trump, this week's New Yorker cover really captures the zeitgeist.
- Lastly, this little lion's roar still needs a little work.
Early Addition: That And $914 Will Get You A Cup Of Coffee
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: