- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- On the plus side, this is probably the most attention Gary Johnson has received during this entire election. On the other hand...
- Twitter direct messages now come with read receipts, meaning you're never going to use them again.
- Hillary Clinton finds Elena Ferrante's Neopolitan novels to be "hypnotic."
- Why did Apple kill the headphone jack?
- This Uber driver has been turning his rides into a dating show, which sounds like a nightmare to us.
- NY Magazine makes the case for living in Staten Island.
- Ax carrying man freaks out subway riders.
- Stephen Colbert wrote a goodbye song about Hiddleswift.
- PT Anderson and Daniel Day Lewis are reportedly teaming up again to make a movie about the fashion world of 1950s.
- It takes the city an average of four months to respond to graffiti complaints.
- Is there anything more magical than a volcano erupting in the distance?
- Jon Hamm, who claims he doesn't understand fashion, compared his new suit to “touching hope."
- Mandatory inclusionary housing project finally approved by City Council.
- And finally, this dog got a huge surprise in the mail:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today