- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- YouTube star Lilly Singh will have a new show on NBC, A Little Late with Lilly Singh, replacing Last Call with Carson Daly.
- Here is a fascinating article on Elizabeth Swaney, the woman who people accused of being "a fraud who had cheated her way" into the Olympics after her bizarre freestyle ski run in last year's Winter Olympics.
- A man was stabbed at the Smith-9th Street subway platform in Gowanus while trying to break up a fight.
- Vox has an abridged history of caffeinated alcohol.
- Do you believe the multiverse exists?
- Prices for the last piece of real estate that any New Yorker will ever own — a cemetery plot or an aboveground crypt — have climbed significantly over the years.
- A federal judge has signed off on a settlement that will see the city pay back more than $4 million of federal Hurricane Sandy aid that paid for “junk” city vehicles damaged well before the 2012 storm.
- The man who once famously asked Obama to "bring back Arrested Development" says he has no regrets.
- Ed Sheeran's terrible legacy: a generation of generic white boys singing ballads in beanies.
- And finally, everybody needs scratches:
Head scritches = instant golden smiles..
— Wina (@wawinaApr) March 13, 2019