- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- GQ on the ten year anniversary of Superbad, the "perfect bromance film."
- RIP Paul Oliver, preeminent authority on the blues.
- Anthony Weiner wants his sentencing delayed.
- White House insiders now say it is a matter of when, not if, Steve Bannon will be fired.
- Cold showers are apparently having a moment.
- Heather Heyer's mom has no interest in talking to Trump and being "used for political agendas."
- Finally, someone turned David Brooks columns into literal toilet paper.
- OkCupid bans crying Nazi.
- Mitt Romney (remember him!?) condemned Trump's response to Charlottesville and called on him to apologize and "state forcefully and unequivocally that racists are 100% to blame for the murder and violence in Charlottesville."
- Some tips on how to make fun of Nazis without resorting to violence.
- Grizzly Bear have an excellent new album out today that is worth a listen.
- And finally, I love these horses who love sliding down hills, but I also love whoever it was who chose to put this particular music on this video:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today