- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Donald Trump went full-authoritarian during his latest press briefing, declaring, “When somebody is the president of the United States, the authority is total.” The CNN chyron makers had a field day with it.
- Barack Obama has endorsed Joe Biden for president: "Joe has the character and the experience to guide us through one of our darkest times and heal us through a long recovery. And I know he’ll surround himself with good people – experts, scientists, military officials who actually know how to run the government and care about doing a good job running the government, and know how to work with our allies, and who will always put the American people’s interests above their own."
- Will office spaces ever be the same after this?
- Coronavirus is already having a devastating effect on small towns across America.
- Vanity Fair has a first look at Dennis Villeneuve's Dune.
- CNN host Chris Cuomo had a bit of an existential meltdown on his SiriusXM show yesterday: “I don’t like what I do professionally,” he said. “I don’t think I mean enough, I don’t think I matter enough, I don’t think I can really change anything, so then what am I really doing?"
- This Toronto man made a social distancing tool to show why there needs to be more open streets to make things safer for people to walk around.
- The Atlantic examines the new difficulties of parenting children during a time "far more psychologically taxing than the late-20th-century world into which you were born."
- New York Magazine has a good essay about how fear has returned to NYC.
- Hank Steinbrenner, co-owner of the Yankees, has died "after a long battle with an illness." He was 63.
- NPR reports that six years ago, Bloomberg News killed an investigation into the wealth of Communist Party elites in China, fearful of repercussions by the Chinese government, then silenced the reporters involved—and even tried to keep a reporter's spouse quiet too.
- DaBaby is releasing an unexpected new album, Blame It On Baby, this Friday.
- And finally, okay, you get me buddy:
Early Addition: CNN Host Chris Cuomo Sick Of Being CNN Host
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: