- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Kamala Harris came out on top while Joe Biden had a rough outing during the second Democratic primary debate.
- Better get to know Marianne Williamson, whose kooky New Age slogans stole attention away from actual viable candidates during the debate. And then make sure to watch Kate McKinnon's fantastic impression of her.
- At the G20 summit today, Trump was asked if he'll tell Putin not to meddle in the election, and Trump replied with a smirk: "Yes, of course I will." He then turned to Putin and said with a smile: "Don't meddle with the election."
- Trump also "joked" that he should "get rid of" journalists just like they do in Russia: "Fake news is a great term, isn’t it? You don’t have this problem in Russia but we do."
- Seymour Pine, the inspector who led the NYPD's raid on the Stonewall Inn on June 28th, 1969, once said, "If what I did helped gay people, then I’m glad."
- What does the future hold for Red Hook?
- Chance The Rapper's mixtapes 10Day and Acid Rap are now streaming—and he's also launched a pre-order for his still untitled new album.
- Seriously, ticks are freakin' terrifying.
- Nick Cave wrote something typically thoughtful about listening to Morrissey's music despite his extremist political beliefs.
- The Dalai Lama thinks any female successor of his should be "very attractive, otherwise not much use."
- John Waters talked to Vulture about Anna Wintour, staying youthful, and why Trump ruined camp.
- If you were thinking of even touching the water of Lake Hopatcong in New Jersey, think again!
- And finally, oh boy:
what beautiful women look like when they hook up with comedians pic.twitter.com/7FhBw9ygxT
— kathryn margaret rose (@katstkat) June 27, 2019