- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Soooo what does Donald Trump's positive coronavirus diagnosis mean for the election? Does anybody know?
- The Times reports that the White House hoped to hide Hope Hicks' positive diagnosis from the public—and they also note all the many major Trump officials who she traveled with this week, most of whom were unmasked.
- If you only want to read one blog post reacting to Trump's diagnosis, make it this one.
- What else is going on...Melania Trump was captured on audio in 2018 profanely complaining about having to deal with the White House Christmas decorations and mocking the plight of migrant children separated from their parents.
- It's the 20th anniversary of Radiohead's glitchy classic Kid A.
- While Trump convalesces, his administration continues to enact anti-immigrant policies, including cutting "its already rock-bottom refugee admissions still deeper into record territory for the upcoming year."
- Twitter said that it plans to change how image cropping works on its website after concerns that the machine learning-based algorithm was racially biased, favoring white faces over Black ones.
- The New Yorker has a report on the sexual harassment allegations which forced Kimberly Guilfoyle out of Fox News and into Trump's reelection team.
- Manhattan dishware store Fishs Eddy is in danger of closing because of the pandemic: “We’re like a fish gasping for air — literally."
- Watch the trailer for Roald Dahl’s The Witches, coming to HBO Max later this month, in which Anne Hathaway makes some real Acting Choices.
- It's new music Friday: listen to Bartees Strange's remarkable, excellent debut album Live Forever; 21 Savage and Metro Boomin teamed-up for Savage Mode II; Kurt Vile embraces country on Speed, Sound, Lonely KV EP; Megan Thee Stallion released new single "Don't Stop;" Hamilton Leithauser remade his single "Isabella" with Lucy Dacus;" and Westerman released a collection of demos of his first album.
- And finally, this is the proper use of slo-mo feature:
Early Addition: Twitter Says It Will Fix Possibly Racist Image Cropping Algorithm
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: