- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Justin Trudeau apologized after a photograph surfaced of him wearing brownface makeup at a 2001 private school party: “It was something that I didn’t think was racist at the time, but now I recognize it was something racist to do, and I am deeply sorry.”
- This guy's umbrella became a meme after it locked people out of a WeWork.
- Trump’s secret promise to a foreign leader was so alarming that it prompted a whistleblower complaint that has spurred a standoff between the U.S. intelligence community and Congress.
- The next Bob Dylan Bootleg Series release will cover 1967-1969, including the legendary sessions with Johnny Cash.
- Passengers aboard a Delta flight from Atlanta to Fort Lauderdale experienced a horrifying seven minutes when the plane plunged almost 30,000 feet.
- Trump has sued Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. as New York state prosecutors seek eight years of the president's tax returns in a probe of whether the Trump Organization falsified business records.
- Two Amish men were pulled over by cops for drinking and driving their horse and buggy...and then they disappeared!
- A New York streetwear company is facing backlash after it showcased sweatshirts last week featuring bullet holes and the names of schools where students have been killed in mass shootings.
- The New Yorker writes about one of the best, most re-watchable TV shows of all time, Party Down.
- Pour one out for alternative music radio stations.
- Who wouldn't want to wear a "sexy" Mr. Rogers costume for Halloween?
- And finally, I've probably watched this video about 20x in the last 12 hours:
Early Addition: Delta Passengers Ordered Not To Panic As Plane Plunges 30,000 Feet
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: