- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A history of Manic Panic, the first punk store in America.
- If you've ever wanted to see Anthony Weiner ride a horse, here's your chance.
- Samsung is now recalling millions of washing machines after one broke someone's face.
- Stephen Colbert donned a tinfoil hat, went down into his bunker and dived into the latest election conspiracy theories.
- The Huffington Post sent a reporter into the heart of Alt-Right country.
- BDB backs off a plan to revamp street fairs.
- The Atlantic has a good story on voters in Arizona "who don't fully realize how much this election will affect their lives and the politics of their country."
- America's first play will be performed in an LES boxing ring.
- Brad Bird teaches you what makes for a great animated movie.
- STDs among Millennials are up nationwide—especially so here in NYC.
- And finally, a collection of dogs behaving very badly:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today