- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Negotiations over border security legislation between Democrats and Republicans in Congress have reportedly hit a wall (sorry), which means we're headed for another government shutdown on Friday.
- Multiple sources tell The Daily Beast that Michael Sanchez, a Trumpworld associate and brother to Jeff Bezos's lover, gave the couple’s texts to the National Enquirer.
- Here's a deep dive into Kamala Harris’s complicated record as a prosecutor.
- The Times has a good visual piece about how the subway limits people with disabilities.
- YouTube announced it will no longer recommend conspiracy videos.
- The idea that animals are conscious has lately found favor among scientists who study animal cognition.
- The Russian islands of Novaya Zemlya have declared an emergency after a mass invasion of polar bears.
- Offset used footage of Cardi B giving birth to their son to announce his solo album.
- And finally, in honor of Westminster Dog Show this week, check out this superstar:
I know nothing about this but if this isn’t a world record time I wanna know what is pic.twitter.com/bSKp1BasR5
— Jamie Bartlett (@JamieJBartlett) February 10, 2019