- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Trump's schedule is mostly filled with downtime, but according to a longtime Trump Organization executive, "It looks like he’s not even trying, but he thinks he’s trying. To him, all the watching TV and tweeting is work, so he believes he’s on the clock 24-7, 365."
- RIP to the Jeremy Renner app, you were too beautiful for this world.
- The Times has aerial photos of the Bahamas before and after Hurricane Dorian.
- Patients with chronic fatigue syndrome moved from all over the country to Incline Village, Nevada, for an experimental drug. Then the drug disappeared.
- What is the human cost of Amazon's fast, free shipping?
- Check out the first trailer for Waves, which has been getting rave reviews out of the Telluride Film Festival.
- Listen to a sweet new single from Belle & Sebastian
- Vulture got deep into it with Liz Phair.
- A city teacher was busted this week for swiping more than $8,000 worth of supplies from the Queens public school where she works.
- Ann Powers wrote a great piece on making sense of the contradictions of Lana Del Rey.
- And finally, tug of war can be really exhausting:
Early Addition: The Jeremy Renner App Was Too Beautiful For This World
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: