- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Learn about the man behind Comic Sans.
- Protesters staged a "cough-in" at Trump Tower restaurant to protest the repeal of ACA.
- Republican lawmakers from five states have proposed bills to criminalize peaceful protesting.
- Al Gore talks about his Inconvenient Truth sequel.
- Ted Danson is looking forward to annoying Larry David in Curb Your Enthusiasm season nine.
- Rick Perry, who studied animal husbandry and led cheers at Texas A&M University, has no idea what he's getting into as Trump's energy secretary.
- The latest trailer for Logan puts the spotlight on X-23.
- The NY Times dissects a fake news "masterpiece" and the insidious mind behind it: "At first it kind of shocked me — the response I was getting," he said. "How easily people would believe it. It was almost like a sociological experiment."
- Did you know about New York's underground network of pet pigs?
- A Lower East Side pizza place has created an obscene and expensive gold "Trump Pizza" (though at least the profits will go to charity).
- Russians have minted an ‘In Trump We Trust’ coin ahead of his inauguration.
- And finally, Zelda is really, really bad at playing catch, but she's still a great dog:
I tell people my dog is the worst, they don't believe me. Now hard video evidence emerges. pic.twitter.com/Z8gMK34i5f
— Al Baker (@alandhisguitar) January 18, 2017