- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The CMA CGM Marco Polo, a cargo ship larger than the Empire State Building, sailed into New York Harbor yesterday, becoming the biggest boat ever to do so.
- To incentivize vaccinations, the White House has "teamed up" with nine of the country's biggest dating apps to basically make the algorithms give vaxxed singles a better shot at hooking up.
- Here's the BBC's full rundown of the very complicated story of how Martin Bashir deceived his way into the famous 1995 Princess Diana interview.
- The Feds have seized 68 big cats from the Oklahoma park formerly owned by Joe "Tiger King" Exotic.
- An 11-year-old Florida girl who escaped being kidnapped by a knife-wielding man managed to smear him with blue slime, allowing police to identify the perpetrator. The girl said she learned the trick from Law & Order: SVU.
- Tiny, rural villages in Italy that saw a renaissance during the pandemic (while industrial northern cities suffered) are hoping the people who moved there will stay.
- Paul Van Doren, the founder of Vans sneakers, died earlier this month at the age of 90.
- I guess we're still doing bucket hats.
- Lil Nas X has a new video out for his song, "Sun Goes Down," and it's quite heartwarming!
- And finally, teamwork:
Early Addition: A Really Big Boat Has Arrived In New York City
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: