- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Burger King may merge with Canadian coffee and doughnuts chain Tim Hortons and move its base to Canada.
- In other fast food news, burger chain Checkers is coming to the East Village.
- Ravens (yes, the birds) are making a comeback in NYC.
- Ugh: ramen lobster roll.
- A diner's sign in Vermont advertising bacon has been taken down after complaints that it offended Muslims.
- A new line of nail polish can detect the presence of date rape drugs.
- Check out this oral history of Kim's Video & Music, which closes today.
- Members of the Manhattan delegation of the City Council would like their members to please stop leaking stories.
- Prince will be releasing two new albums in September.
- Video: The lung capacity of smokers vs. non-smokers.
- And finally, not even majestic elephants can resist swaying to Bach:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today