- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Despite Trump denying there was any quid pro quo, a new batch of text messages suggests that Trump representatives "sought to leverage the power of his office to prod Ukraine into opening investigations that would damage his Democratic opponents at home."
- A privacy watchdog says that the OMNY system is rife with security vulnerabilities and ripe for exploitation.
- The Supreme Court has agreed to hear its first abortion case since Trump’s appointment of two conservative justices.
- This is one of the best new music release days of the year, so enjoy new albums from Angel Olsen, Wilco, Danny Brown and Nick Cave.
- Read an excerpt from Christopher Wylie's forthcoming book about being the Cambridge Analytica whistleblower.
- LAX will soon ban ride-hailing companies from picking up passengers outside its terminals.
- It appears that David Brooks accidentally published some terrible Trump supporter fanfic as his column this week.
- Quitting e-cigarettes is harder than it looks.
- Read about the secret jailhouse gardens of Rikers Island (before they disappear forever).
- A Long Island man came home to find a stranger snoozing in his bathroom.
- And finally, look at this sweetheart:
Early Addition: How Hard Is It To Quit Vaping?
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: