- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Here's how Jared Kushner's volunteer task force, made up of inexperienced, bewildered 20-somethings with no disaster or medical experience, turned the search for PPE sourcing into a “bureaucratic cycles of chaos."
- Donald Trump has rethought his plan to shut down the coronavirus task force—instead, it will now switch its focus to the reopening of the nation.
- The Times has a photo feature focusing on all the neighbors in one Queens building.
- How did South Korea contain their pandemic so well, with fewer than 300 coronavirus deaths so far?
- Taffy Brodesser-Akner has a memorable profile of Val Kilmer, throat cancer, spirituality and more.
- So I guess Grimes and Elon Musk really did name their son X Æ A-12 (or they are deeply committed to the bit).
- Vox writes that the pandemic has forced U.S. citizens to face "a brutal truth: America isn’t as exceptional as it thinks it is."
- I honestly don't even know what to say about this other than just read the headline: "The Absolute Perverts Who Love Getting Their Sleeves Wet When Washing Their Hands."
- Kraftwerk co-founder Florian Schneider has died at 73
- Something I never thought I'd see: David Chase apparently wrote new material in which Sopranos characters reacted to the pandemic.
- Listen to "The Wine Of Lebanon," a lovely new single from Cass McCombs
- And finally, what a group of winners:
Early Addition: Are You Into Getting Your Sleeves All Wet While Washing Your Hands?
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: